Alabama Scrap Laws
According to Alabama Law HB 278, Section 13A-8-37 it is unlawful to purchase the following unless verifiable documentation can be provided:
- Catalytic converters
- Metal property of a telephone company, an electric company, a cable company, a water company, or any other utility company
- Any railroad property
- Copper wire that has been burned to remove insulation
- A copper, aluminum or copper-aluminum condensing or evaporating coil, including its tubing or rods, from a heating or air conditioning unit, excluding scrap from window air conditioning units and automobile condenser coils
- Utility access covers, manhole covers, or storm drain covers
- Grave markers, vases, memorials, statues, plaques or other bronze objects used at a cemetery
- Beer kegs
- Street signs
**Seller must be AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD.
**We are required to pay by CHECK to anyone selling more than $5O worth of copper or copper-aluminum coils, and more than $5OO of all other metals.